From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Undocumented and unused USE variables
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:56:49
1 On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 5:49 AM, Christoph Niethammer
2 <christoph.niethammer@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Hello.
4 >
5 > I see. There is more documentation on a per package bases wich has to be considered, too. (Found already the metadata.xml files.)
6
7 The metadata.xml files are used to generate the use.local.desc file.
10 > As with the pango USE they may differe in their description - maybe also in their meaning for different packages. So local USE flags should only be used on a per package basis!
11
12 Usage of flags are not so clear cut as this, so I wouldn't make that
13 kind of generalization on their use.
16 > Here the euse command is realy handy. :-)
17 > However the sysfs USE flag is still hiding its documentation.
18 > So lets see if this is a bug or a feature. ;-)
19 >
20 > Thx for the clarification so far.
21 >
22 > Best regards
23 > Christoph
24 >
25 > René Neumann <lists@××××××.eu> schrieb:
26 >
27 >>> * Undocumented use flags:
28 >>> ----------
29 >>> pango
32 >>% euse -i pango
33 >>global use flags (searching: pango)
34 >>************************************************************
35 >>no matching entries found
36 >>
37 >>local use flags (searching: pango)
38 >>************************************************************
39 >>[+  D   ] pango
40 >>    app-i18n/fcitx: Enable support for x11-libs/pango
41 >>              3.6.3 [gentoo]
42 >>              3.6.4 [gentoo]
43 >>        [+  ] 4.0.0 [gentoo]
44 >>        [+  ] 4.0.1 [gentoo]
45 >>        [+  ] 4.2.0-r2 [gentoo]
46 >>        [+  ] 4.2.1 [gentoo]
47 >>
48 >>[+  D   ] pango
49 >>    media-gfx/fontforge: Enable pango font rendering
50 >>        [+  ] 20100501 [gentoo]
51 >>        [+  ] 20110222 [gentoo]
52 >>        [+  ] 20110222-r1 [gentoo]
53 >>
54 >>[+  D   ] pango
55 >>    media-gfx/imagemagick: Enable Pango support using x11-libs/pango
56 >>
58 >>