From: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] best way to do trivial ebuild updates
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 21:44:31
1 What is the best/fastest/approved way to get packages that have had
2 version bumps into portage? For example, pan unstable was recently
3 updated to 0.13.3.91, and a simple copy of the .ebuild file to match the
4 new version number installed and has been working for me great since the
5 update yesterday.
6
7 Is it best to submit a bugzilla bug, a bugzilla patch (with straight
8 copy of the file), email the maintainer, or ask for CVS access so I can
9 update it myself? :)
10
11 I've seen this before and submitted ebuild to bugzilla, but normally the
12 bug is invalidated a bit later when another version comes out and the
13 developer updates to that.
14
15 Just wondering.
16
17 Alan
20 Alan <alan@×××××.org> - http://arcterex.net
22 "The only thing that experience teaches us is that experience teaches
23 us nothing. -- Andre Maurois (Emile Herzog)
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list