From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: epatch_user usage
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 04:41:33
1 On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 22:45:36 -0500
2 Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > So I've just had one reservation when using epatch_user for allowing
5 > users to apply patches. And that's figuring out when to run
6 > eautoreconf. I don't necessarily want to run it unconditionally but
7 > sometimes users have patches which touch autoconf files but my
8 > existing patch set doesn't so I'm not calling eautoreconf. Does anyone
9 > have a suggested way to handle this?
10
11 It's kind of hacky, but what about having the user `touch eautoreconf` in the
12 patch directory? Or a file named "post_patch" containing a list of commands
13 to run.
14
15 Could we detect user patches touching autoconf files somehow, maybe by
16 hashing them beforehand or grepping patch headers, or would this be too error
17 prone?
21 fonts, gcc-porting
22 toolchain, wxwidgets
23 @ gentoo.org