From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Soliciting input for a non-maintainer update (NMU) GLEP
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 10:11:27
1 El sáb, 22-06-2013 a las 00:06 +0000, Robin H. Johnson escribió:
2 [...]
3 > I'm not going into review systems here at all, I'm simply trying to have
4 > a policy of what changes are welcomed/blocked WITHOUT interaction from
5 > the listed maintainer(s) of a given package/herd.
6 [...]
7
8 In my case I would like to be always notified a change has been
9 committed (even forwarding gentoo-commits message to me), that will help
10 me to keep track of the committed changes, and learn more if they
11 corrected a bug caused by me ;)
12
13 Regarding what other can commit or not... I think a general good policy
14 would be to:
15 1. If package is not hardly broken -> report a bug to maintainer with a
16 1 week timeout. If he/she doesn't reply, go ahead.
17 2. If package is nonfunctional -> go ahead and fix it as soon as
18 possible!