From: Florian Schmaus <flow@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Unmask >=net-p2p/bitcoin*-0.21.1
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 18:37:36
1 I think it is time to unmask the currently masked Bitcoin versions. The
2 mask was added in Juli of 2021 [1], with the mask's commit message
3 indicating that unmasking is planned for November 2021.
4
5 I doubt that the mask was ever needed in the first place, as it was
6 intended to prevent automated updates of Bitcoin in Gentoo. However,
7 Gentoo has no unattended upgrade mechanism. Instead, the user explicitly
8 triggers all updates.
9
10 As this has already caused a little bit of friction, I'd like to get a
11 feeling of the community's view on that.
12
13 - Flow
14
15 1: