From: Marko Mikulicic <marko@××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Smalltalk/X
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 19:42:52
1 Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:
2 > On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Marko Mikulicic wrote:
5 >>and it works. But it creates linux.tgz and common.tgz in
6 >>/usr/portage/distfiles and what is worse is first try to download
7 >>them from the mirror. How can I handle this, writing the fewest possible
8 >>hacks?
11 > We have consciously decided not to handle this particular problem
12 > automatically. What we do is copy the upstream source files, give them
13 > proper names, then put them out directly (manually) on our mirrors.
14
15 I don't understand. Does this mean that those packages cannot be
16 download from the original url but only from your mirror. This
17 solves a problem, but raises other: if the package is not in the mirrors,
18 or the mirror is down, or the package is not yet in CVS ?
19 This means that while I'm writing the package I cannot test it
20 completly (at least not the download) until it is copied to the mirrors.
21 What SRC_URI should I put in the .ebuild ? Only
22 http:/nowhere/${PN}-${PV}.tar.gz ?
25 Marko