From: Chad Huneycutt <chadh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] URGENT: emerge no longer merges
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 16:47:25
1 On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 11:35, Avi Schwartz wrote:
2 > So far I have not received any suggestions what may be the problem nor
3 > how to fix it. I am not willing to reinstall my system because of this
4 > problem, this is not Windows after all, but right now I can no longer
5 > maintain my system up to date nor apply security fixes which is a very
6 > big worry for me.
7
8 Have you tried emerge -d ? That should give you some clues, or you can
9 capture the output and post it here.
10
11 Does ebuild work? Try ebuild foo.ebuild merge, and see if that works.
14 Chad Huneycutt
15 chadh@g.o
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list