From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Does anyone use the VERIFIED status in bugzilla?
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 13:29:04
1 On 14-05-2010 12:45:54 +0000, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > Following Petteri's thread last month about RESOLVED LATER and given a
3 > issue that has been reported to User Relations about the "ab"use of the
4 > VERIFIED status in Bugzilla, I'd like to get some feedback from fellow
5 > developers.
6 > We have a user that has been marking resolved bugs as verified following
7 > his actions on other bugzilla(s) and he quotes the Bugzilla Docs[1] to
8 > explain his actions. Some developers have become upset because of the
9 > "spam" email that action causes.
10 > It seems to me the reason those developers got upset is that they don't
11 > value the VERIFIED status so I wonder if anyone uses that status or if
12 > we should just drop it. If possible and useful, would we like to
13 > restrict the VERIFIED status change to a specific group of people?
14 > Please share your thoughts on this so we can decide how to act on this case.
15
16 I'm all for removing it from the workflow. I take a opportunistic
17 approach, assuming that the reporter (or someone else with the same
18 problem) will reopen the bug if it turns out a fix wasn't good enough or
19 something.
22 > [1] - http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/3.4/en/html/lifecycle.html
25 Fabian Groffen
26 Gentoo on a different level