From: Djamil ESSAISSI <djamil@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problem adding user + Internationalization
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:48:04
1 BTW;
2
3 This is not a bug.
4
5 This is the new way to add users, because now in this millenium in most cases we are (administrators) not adding real users to systems with a shell and homedir it's mainly for authentification purposes, THEN if YOU (administrator) judge that THAT user shall have a homedir and real shell, you add -m or other stuff (the shell part may be unimplemented everywhere yet ...) .
6 It's almost a security feauture so we wont accedentally give a shell to johnDoe who ordered his internetaccount over the phone a joeChmuck's CC ...
7
8 Of course we all have different tastes , but it is implemented this way on many rescent distros. ...
9
10 dont get mad !!!
11 I always run "blabla --help" before posting an email ! ;-)
12
13 On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 10:28:21 -0600