From: Haplo <haplo@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] init script dependancies
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:12:41
1 Hey. I have a small question. Say for instance one is running a server
2 with a bunch of net based services. And one has a semi dynamic ip
3 (changes once a month). Now this really isn't crucial, but, when I
4 ./net.eth1 stop and then ./net.eth1 start again, to restart dhcpcd to
5 aquire my new ip (since suddenly my internet has seized up I figure its
6 *that time* again), all my depend net services go down. Which is
7 anoyying, but also unesecary. Partly because I have an internal network
8 eth0 and so some really reall don't need to go down, and its a few extra
9 seconds of work for me (ok, so not really that bad). Still, I was
10 woundering if in those services, instead of just removing the depends
11 net (which *would* work, but not so nice) I was woundering if I could
12 make them depend on all the net interfaces and yet use them
13 interchangeably. Depend net.* was my first guess, but that failed
14 because it needed ALL the net interfaces to come up, and thus all failed
15 when net.ppp0 didn't come up (