From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: Go ebuilds bundling multiple upstream sources
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 18:25:36
1 On 06/30/2015 02:12 PM, Zac Medico wrote:
2 >
3 >> Suppose ten years from now everything is written in Go. I have 500
4 >> statically linked Go packages on my system, all of whose dependencies
5 >> were built and compiled-in at install time. Now someone finds a remote
6 >> root vulnerability in the go-openssl library. I know some of the
7 >> packages I have installed were built against it. What do I do?
8 >
9 > Use slot-operator := deps, together with the emerge --with-bdeps=y
10 > option. Then, if you bump the sub-slot of the go-openssl library, all of
11 > your go packages that have it in DEPEND with a slot-operator :=
12 > dependency will be rebuilt automatically.
15 Right, and now what if go-openssl was built on-the-fly 500 times and
16 there's no package for it?