From: Francesco Riosa <francesco@×××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] have_NPTL proposal/question
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 21:20:32
1 intro:
2 Having to patch a package to be installed with nptl I've tried this
3 function (yes now I know it's wrong patch conditionally a package if not
4 needed).
5 Only few days later a user complain that the check failed (seem to
6 remember on amd64) .
7
8 what we have:
9 At the moment have_NPTL is defined in eclass/eutils.eclass, it compile a
10 small test program to check if glibc have nptl support.
11
12 what I've seen used in at least one other place (modified to be a
13 candidate substitute):
14 <code>
15 case $(getconf GNU_LIBPTHREAD_VERSION | tr abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
16 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ) in
17 NPTL* )
18 return 0
19 ;;
20 LINUXTHREADS* )
21 return 1
22 ;;
23 * )
24 eerror "unknown libpthread implementation"
25 return 1
26 ;;
27 esac
28 </code>
29
30 there are drawbacks on the use of getconfig (that come with glibc) ?
31 Maybe it's not supported from *libc ?
32 This is also important to know (for me ;) because an important package
33 is going to make this check in it' "configure" and having it break on
34 certain gentoo supported ARCHs may be tedious.
35
36 any hints and/or feedback welcome
39 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list