From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] herds.xml
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 20:47:36
1 On Friday 09 June 2006 03:08, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 02:54:08AM +0200, Ioannis Aslanidis wrote:
3 > > On 6/9/06, Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o> wrote:
4 > > >So, what would people think of moving herds.xml from gentoo/misc into
5 > > >the portage tree, with the rationale being that local tools could use
6 > > >that information for various useful purposes (compiling statistics,
7 > > >doing something that I can't think of right now, whatever)?
8 > >
9 > > How exactly would that be performed and what negative effects would
10 > > the change produce?
11 >
12 > Couple of ways- either
13 > 1) actual cvs move of the file. Changes required are updating any
14 > scripts relying on the existing cvs location (namely
15 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/metastructure/herds/herds.xml)
16
17 That one will have to be changed anyway. It runs on my office system, and my
18 job ends at the end of the month.
19
20 I don't have any particular problem with things. Perhaps though we should do
21 the copying the herds file into the web tree different anyway.
22
23 Paul
26 Paul de Vrieze
27 Gentoo Developer