From: Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] amd64-fbsd profile marked 'stable'
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 16:31:12
1 Hi!
2
3 May be you can share stages and install instructions for this?
4
5 Alexis Ballier писал 2012-05-08 15:33:
6 > Hi,
7 >
8 > I've just marked the profile 'default/bsd/fbsd/amd64/9.0' as 'stable'
9 > in profiles.desc. I've been careful not to keyword anything with
10 > broken
11 > deps, and its now forbidden. It is the first g/fbsd profile marked as
12 > such.
13 >
14 > Consequences for devs: broken deps are not allowed anymore; people
15 > are,
16 > like for standard arches, expected to drop keywords and fill a
17 > rekeywording bug.
18 >
19 > Rationale:
20 > - x86-fbsd has been a 'dev' profile for so long that the
21 > majority of the packages have broken deps, meaning moving it to a
22 > 'stable' profile is almost impossible. I do not want to repeat this
23 > error for amd64-fbsd
24 > - people usually do not run repoman -d, and as such, it is common to
25 > get (core or not) packages that are uninstallable on g/fbsd. This
26 > wont happen anymore and will make devs and users happier :=)
27 >
28 > cons: there's no stable amd64-fbsd keyword, i suppose that if we want
29 > some day to stabilize it, it'll be hard with a 'stable' profile, but
30 > we
31 > can temporarily switch it back to 'dev' while doing it, and without
32 > preventing broken deps it'll be almost impossible to do this anyway.
33 >
34 > Regards,
35 >
36 > A.
39 Best Regards,
40 Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov
41 Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, NRC Kurchatov Institute,
42 Gatchina, Russia
43 Department of Molecular and Radiation Biophysics
44 Gentoo Team Ru
45 Gentoo Linux Dev
46 mailto:alexxyum@×××××.com
47 mailto:alexxy@g.o