From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Conveying important upgrade messages to user community
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:24:25
1 On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 11:06 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
2 > non-developer lurker here: how about (optionally) the user sets an email
3 > address in make.conf and gets emailed really important earth shattering
4 > stuff. maybe a new function in ebuilds like:
5 >
6 > eemailwarn "you need to install coldplug....blah blah..."
7
8 I only see one problem here. Who would decide what is "earth
9 shattering" and what isn't? Personally, I wouldn't include
10 hotplug/coldplug into this, at all. In fact, the *only* things I can
11 think of that I would do this with would be toolchain or portage
12 related.
15 Chris Gianelloni
16 Release Engineering - Operational/QA Manager
17 Games - Developer
18 Gentoo Linux