From: Dejan Nikic <dejann@××××××××××××.edu>
To: jtoyota@×××××××××.net
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Embedded
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 23:38:46
1 well the thing is that you don't want to remove gcc, only portage some
2 unused libs (i doubt their any with default Gentoo install) and probably
3 all those man and doc files. There should be ways to statically link
4 everything, but that might be some work.
5
6 I got a 200mb install now, that I will hackaway at and try to get it
7 bellow 50mb hopefully I'm thinking of maybe writing something that will
8 use an existing gentoo install and use gentoo's portage and stuff to build
9 an LFS-like (Linux from scratch) image.