From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dev-python/ package naming policy?
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 07:27:40
1 On Sun, 2023-01-29 at 02:15 +0300, Torokhov Sergey wrote:
2 > As for replacing dot  (".") with hyphen ("-") I have PyPi package
3 > "FoBiS.py" that is packaged in ::guru just as "FoBiS" as I wasn't sure
4 > is it worth to store ".py" suffix while github repo of this project is
5 > just "FoBiS". So there could be a problem if package named "fobis"
6 > will appear in PyPi.
7
8 Thanks for this example. This is actually a perfect case that makes you
9 really, really think about dropping ".py" and a perfect explanation why
10 we should keep it, even if it makes the package name look "unnatural".
13 Best regards,
14 Michał Górny