From: Matt Thrailkill <xwred1@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] something like debconf for gentoo?
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 03:36:42
1 Something like this would be handy. Even in FreeBSD, they have sort of
2 an interactive questionaire thing when you build something from Ports.
3 For example, when you try to build Samba in Ports, it brings up a text
4 dialog with a bunch of checkboxes for all the Samba options like ACLs
5 and LDAP support, and you check off the ones you want; obviously then it
6 adds those to the ./configure line it uses in the Makefile.
7
8 I know Gentoo relies on USE flags and they are all magical and stuff,
9 but you can't have a USE flag for *everything*.
10
11 On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:19:15 +0200