From: Terry Chan <tchan@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: B0rken -r10 tbz2 installation image
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 20:55:33
1 Karl T,
2
3 Are you sure you're booting the rc6-r10 iso? I'm looking at my rc6-r10 iso
4 AFTER it boots from the cdrom and in /sbin I see:
5
6 fdisk
7 mkswap
8 mke2fs
9 mkreiserfs
10
11 as well as a bunch of other important stuff like cardctl, cardmgr, etc.
12
13 This goes double for all the people who say e3 is missing as well.
14
15 Its in the /usr/bin directory
16
17 e3 12,818 bytes
18
19 plain as day.
20
21 All of this is part of rescue.gz which will be installed in the root
22 ramdisk when booting off the the iso image.
23
24 These tools are not in the build-ix86-1.0_rc6-r10.tbz2 image. This was
25 probably done to make a smaller tbz2 image, as most of those tools are
26 needed on initial setup/install.
27
28 Terry Chan