From: Alain Penders <alain@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Perl interface to portage
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 14:04:07
1 On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 09:20:18AM +0300, Oleg Letsinsky wrote:
2 > Sorry if my qustion has been answered somewhere already, but I've spent
3 > some time reading FAQ, searching through the ebuilds tree and didn't
4 > find an answer - are there any perl bindings for portage available?
5 > (well, frankly I don't understand why would anyone want to use anything
6 > else for writing a system toolset, but it's probably just a matter of
7 > personal preference :) ). Should I start writing my own one, or there
8 > is something already available?
9
10 There currently is no real API to portage in any language. The best way to
11 get information out of portage is using the new 'portageq' command line tool,
12 which was designed for just that. portageq will also work on the upcoming
13 portage 2.1, very few of the other interfaces will. If there's things you
14 need to know from portage that portageq doesn't provide, let me know.
15
16 Alain
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list