From: "Sean P. Kane" <spkane@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild's that new another packages comfigured source
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 18:36:27
1 I am very new to Gentoo development and am trying to create an ebuild
2 file for linux-wlan-ng. Which among a few other things includes the
3 drivers for Prism2 based wireless network cards. To compile the PCMCIA
4 driver it needs to have access to the CONFIGURED pcmcia-cs source code.
5 Assuming that someone has the USE flag "pcmcia" set how do I tell ebuild
6 that I need "pcmcia source". If this is impossible should I always
7 download pcmcia a new, configure and install it and then keep the source
8 around to do the linux-wlan-ng build from? This seems clumsy and likely
9 to cause people some grief.
10
11 Thoughts beyond this:
12
13 Is there a way to keep the source installed for certain key packages
14 like pcmcia in a consistent way like the kernel sources are kept around?
15 Maybe have a USE "KeySourceCode" or something?
16
17 Thanks,
18 Sean