From: Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] java-utils-2.eclass patch. Support for BUILD_DEPEND being recorded within package.env.
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 11:37:48
1 Firstly, fellow developer please review this eclass patch and read on if
2 you are interested in what it actually does.
3
4 Java developers:
5
6 The following patch adds 3 new values to our package.env
7
8 PVR and CATEGORY being the easy ones. These are being added because I
9 think they should be there and they will help with implementing a
10 paludis re-emerge-everything-java script.
11
12 the 3rd BUILD_DEPEND records the packages/jars that have been passed as
13 parameters to our java functions ( jar-from, getjars, getjar ) and also
14 have --build-only specified. The format is exactly like package.env's
15 DEPEND variable. The main reason for this patch is to allow Serkan to
16 add --build-only dependencies to the classpath for java-dep-check.
17 java-config support is not currently planned but this may change if need be.
18
19 Here are some example package.env files.
20
21 # more
22 /var/tmp/portage/app-office/hourglass-0.7.2/image/usr/share/hourglass/package.env
23 DESCRIPTION="A PSP (personal software process) time tracking utility
24 written in Java"
25 GENERATION="2"
26 SLOT="0"
27 CATEGORY="app-office"
28 PVR="0.7.2"
29 CLASSPATH="/usr/share/hourglass/lib/hourglass.jar"
30 DEPEND="log4j.jar@log4j:jcommon.jar@jcommon-1.0:jdom.jar@jdom-1.0"
31 VM=">=virtual/jre-1.5"
32 BUILD_DEPEND="ant.jar@ant-core"
33 TARGET="1.5"
34 SOURCE="1.5"
35 JAVADOC_PATH="/usr/share/doc/hourglass-0.7.2/html/api"
36 JAVA_SOURCES="/usr/share/hourglass/sources//hourglass-src.zip"
37 MERGE_VM="sun-jdk-1.7"
38 MERGE_COMPILER="javac"
39
40 # more /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sbaz-1.25/image/usr/share/sbaz/package.env
41 DESCRIPTION="A system used by Scala enthusiasts to share computer files
42 with each other."
43 GENERATION="2"
44 SLOT="0"
45 CATEGORY="dev-java"
46 PVR="1.25"
47 CLASSPATH="/usr/share/sbaz/lib/sbaz.jar"
48 DEPEND="scala-library.jar@scala"
49 VM=">=virtual/jre-1.5"
50 BUILD_DEPEND="servlet-api.jar@servlet-api-2.4:ant-contrib"
51 TARGET="1.5"