From: Benjamin Coles <sj7trunks@g.o>
To: david@×××××××××.com
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Maintaining production systems - and losing ebuilds
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:35:25
1 It's an effort to get a stable tree out there that doesn't change much. We
2 had a few people from IBM that said they would love to change to gentoo
3 but the portage changes too quickly and they can't risk emerging something
4 and having it break afterwards. There are many more factors in
5 implementating this but it's still in the planning stages.
6
7 -Benjamin
8