From: Mounir Lamouri <volkmar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] An Introduction to Gentoo Prefix
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 06:28:21
1 Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > [snip]
3 > As Prefix team, we feel that the current shape of the Gentoo Prefix
4 > implementation is mature. That is, it has been proven to be useful for
5 > a number of users/scenarios, and it has been able to work for a
6 > substantial number of different systems, without having to change the
7 > core part.
8 >
9 > Therefore, we plan to focus on merging back the many patches and
10 > extensions from our Prefix overlay into the Gentoo mainline tree. For
11 > us, this roadmap looks as follows:
12 > [snip]
13 I used Gentoo on MacOS X (which is part of Gentoo Prefix, isn't it ?)
14 and it was very promising. I'm glad this project is now in a mature shape :)
15
16 About the merge, does this mean we will have to care bout other-OS
17 specific options ? For example, mac os options. Or it will be the work
18 of the Prefix team ?
19
20 (I know it's an old thread but, better later than never)
21
22 Thanks,
23 Mounir