From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Testing *true* transparent .so updates
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 12:29:18
1 On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 08:02:28PM +0200, Dan Armak wrote:
2
3 > I'll test it overnight. I haven't been following the revisions/discussion
4 > thuogh, so I've a question - will this support upgrading to another glibc
5 > version (e.g. to 2.4.5 whenever that comes out) or is it just for new
6 > revisions of the ebuild?
7
8 As long as the new versions of glibc will be binary compatible (and generally,
9 they are), then it will work for new versions as well. A few problem programs
10 may need to be recompiled after a major version jump, but not many.
11
12 Best Regards,
15 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
16 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org