From: solar <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] December 15th Meeting Summary
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:24:41
1 On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 20:29 +0100, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:45:04 -0500
3 > solar <solar@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > If you do that please set it as a blocker for the .54 release.
6 > > Reintroducing ChangeLog/metadata.xml to Manifests would be a undesired
7 > > regression. Nothing in the portage as of <=.53 make direct use of
8 > > those two files and there is no security value in bloating the digest
9 > > format with them. Thats why they were removed 2.0.51.21
10 ...
13 > Name a single portage version that does *not generate* manifest entries
14 > for them (hint: there is none). They are only ignored right now during
15 > verification. So it's in no way a regression.
16
17 sigh I just checked and you are correct it does still create them, so
18 I'll happily recant on the word regression. It however seems pointless
19 to include them in creation. Currently the 2 unused lines are taking up
20 about ~1.1M in the tree, when we have several additional hashes I can
21 only imagine that it would use significantly more space than currently.
24 solar <solar@g.o>
25 Gentoo Linux
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list