From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] x11-misc/bb* purge
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:46:37
1 Some of the blackbox tools are starting to become really broken with
2 recent gcc, x11 and other library versions. Most of these appear to be
3 unmaintained upstream. If anyone is interested in keeping any of the
4 following below, please create/test fixes for the relevant bugs and
5 promise to maintain the apps. Otherwise, I'll package.mask them and
6 remove them at a later date.
7
8 x11-misc/bbppp: bug #58326, doesn't compile. Looks like it could be a
9 gcc3 multiline string literal thing.
10
11 x11-misc/bbapm: bug #20201, segfaults.
12
13 x11-misc/bbappconf: bug #59246, segfaults. Possible patch in the bug
14 which needs investigation.
15
16 Really, I'd like to kill off blackbox entirely, since it's pretty much
17 unmaintained and there are at least two (fluxbox, openbox) drop-in
18 replacements which have active upstream. However, I suspect I'd get
19 lynched if I did that...
22 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
23 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
24 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm