From: Jerry A! <jerry@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] man/zsh problems? bug? dircolors is incompatible
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 17:37:22
1 On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 06:39:30PM -0500, Mark wrote:
2 : After some investigating...
3 : It seems man requires some of the environment variables set in
4 : /etc/profile to work.
5 : I had created a symbolic link from /etc/zprofile to /etc/profile when I
6 : installed zsh, so I wasn't thinking that this would be the problem.
7 : It turns out that zsh is not reading /etc/zprofile for some reason. But
8 : if you force it to (". /etc/zprofile, or . /etc/profile") then all is fine.
9
10 You're not by any chance setting one of the global_* or *_rcs (and
11 especially global_rcs) options in any of your z-dotfiles?
12
13 --Jerry
14
15 Open-Source software isn't a matter of life or death...
16 ...It's much more important than that!