From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] per-package USE defaults
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 21:54:42
1 On Tuesday 08 August 2006 15:18, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > Stuart Herbert wrote:
3 > > Any chance of per-package USE defaults support? That's much more useful
4 > > to me.
5 >
6 > Attached to bug 61732 there's a patch that implements this via a new
7 > IUSE_DEFAULTS ebuild variable. If people like that particular
8 > implementation, then I'll update the patch so that it applies to
9 > portage-2.1.1_pre. Some might suggest that an EAPI bump is proper for the
10 > addition of this type of functionality, but perhaps we can slide it in
11 > without that extra annoyance.
12
13 i'm really really partial to overloading IUSE here rather than introducing a
14 new variable ...
15 -mike