From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] openrc stabilization update
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 01:09:49
1 On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 5:57 AM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 > I suppose one question I need to ask is the oldnet vs newnet question.
3 > The git repository defaults to building and installing the newnet
4 > option, and we make oldnet the default in the ebuild.
5 >
6 > People migrating from stable will know the oldnet option, and this is
7 > the only way to configure the network scripts that is actually covered
8 > in our documentation.
9 >
10 > Do we want to switch the upstream repository to make oldnet the default?
11 >
12 > What about newnet.  Should we keep it at all?  If we do, should we put
13 > it behind a use flag which would be off by default?
16 Is there any advantage to using newnet over oldnet? If there aren't
17 any advantages, we should not attempt to support it (even as an
18 optional feature). Old-net by default, no use-flag for newnet; people
19 can use EXTRA_ECONF if they *really* want to use it.
22 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
23
24 Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team