From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Removing support for mercurial repos in repositories.xml
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 03:34:05
1 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> writes:
2
3 > If you noticed that Gentoo repository mirrors did not update for 10
4 > hours a few days ago -- Mercurial was the reason. It is very fragile,
5 > and if some server chokes during sync, it hangs the whole process until
6 > somebody (which means me) kills it. And it's not the first time it
7 > killed the whole system.
8
9 While I agree with you that mercurial is less well-maintained than git,
10 this seems to me that the sync framework is more buggy than mercurial.
11
12 Benda