From: Bjarke Istrup Pedersen <gurligebis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Binary packages in the tree
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 00:43:16
1 Mark Loeser skrev:
2 > Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o> said:
3 >
4 >>Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o> said:
5 >>
6 >>>So, everyone that has a binary package in the tree, I would appreciate it if
7 >>>you could put the sys-libs/libstdc++-v3 depend into your package if
8 >>>necessary.
9 >>
10 >>Well, you can tell I didn't exactly think about this too much beforehand,
11 >>since its been brought to my attention a virtual would probably be best for
12 >>this, so we would handle the || ( gcc-3.3.* libstdc++ ) inside of the
13 >>virtual. I'll make one later unless anyone has strong objections to this for
14 >>people to use in DEPEND, instead of writing the `or` dep out.
17 > Okay, I have added the new-style virtual. If you have a binary application
18 > in the tree that requires libstdc++.so.5, please add a dep in your ebuild on
19 > =virtual/libstdc++-3.3. Let me know if anything doesn't seem to work right.
20 >
21 > Thanks
24 Does this mean that gcc-3.4 will no longer have libstdc++ as a
25 dependency? :-D
26
27 Bjarke
28 --