From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: rfc: revisiting our stabilization policy
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 11:41:58
1 On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 11:53 PM, Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se> wrote:
2 > Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> It seems like the simplest solution in these cases is to just have
4 >> them focus on @system packages for the stable tree, and let users
5 >> deal with more breakage outside of that set
6 >
7 > Why not make stable completely optional for arch teams?
10 Stable already is completely optional for the arch teams, and that is
11 why we have concerns over stable requests taking forever on minor
12 archs in the first place. If the package wasn't marked as stable in
13 the first place the maintainer could just drop old versions anytime
14 they saw fit, but in the cases that cause problems the arch team
15 exercises their option to stabilize something, and then they also
16 exercise their option to not stabilize something newer.
17
18 Rich