From: Duncan Coutts <dcoutts@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: haskell@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] I want to steal your tools
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 16:05:41
1 On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 22:54 -0800, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > So it seems to me that we have tons of tools out there that people
3 > have writtten and we need to aggregrate and document them.
4 >
5 > I don't care necessarily how shitty they are, how old they are, what
6 > language they are in, or even who wrote them. I care that they are
7 > open source or public domain; that they are useful etc...
8 >
9 > So reply with a URL pointing at your tool*. Please don't attach your
10 > tool to the email as that would make our mail server sad. If you need
11 > space; e-mail your tool to me (not the list) and I will host it
12 > somewhere.
13
14 The Haskell team wrote and use 'hackport', a tool for converting Haskell
15 Cabal packages into ebuilds:
16
17 emerge app-portage/hackport-darcs from the haskell overlay
18 or darcs get --partial http://haskell.org/~gentoo/hackport/
19
20 Usage:
21
22 # gets the package list from the hackage server
23 hackport update
24
25 # add a new ebuild into the local overlay
26 hackport merge xmonad
29 Duncan Coutts : Gentoo Developer (Haskell team)
32 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list