From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [soc] Python bindings for Paludis
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 16:37:34
1 Ah, a couple additional things.
2
3 Diego wrote me and commented that he's not a big fan of accepting
4 proposals from existing devs, since the goal of the program is to get
5 _new_ blood into open-source projects. I think that's a good point, and
6 my personal preference is to accept strong proposals from new folks.
7 That said, I'd rather we accept strong proposals from eligible existing
8 devs than lousy proposals from the new folks, if that should turn out
9 to be a choice we have to make. *Shrug*
10
11 Also, it may not have been clear from my previous post that if we get
12 inundated by strong, obviously-Gentoo-specific proposals, I suspect
13 they'll push the less-Gentoo-specific proposals right off the acceptance
14 list, unless those alternative proposals are amazingly impressive.
15
16 -g2boojum-
17 --
18 Grant Goodyear
19 Gentoo Developer
20 g2boojum@g.o
21 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
22 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76