From: Robert Buchholz <rbu@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] bugs.g.o supported overlays should register
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 12:14:58
1 On Saturday 03 January 2009, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 11:50:07PM -0600, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
3 > > So you are asking for the layman file to be updated properly or
4 > > what? layman -i <overlay name>
5 >
6 > As a start:
7 >
8 > 1. How about somebody actually taking ownership of the layman.txt
9 > file for changes? I've seen a couple of emails come to overlays@
10 > asking about the file, without answers.
11
12 As far as I know, any dev can commit to the file. I've been meaning to
13 answer the requests, but I was afk over the holidays.
16 > 2. Include bug tracking details in the layman file or other overlay
17 > listing.
18
19 Good idea. Keeping a second list around with all overlays is just one
20 more place to update. Do we want/have an extra product or component in
21 Bugzilla as well (for all overlay issues)?
24 Robert