From: Zhang Le <r0bertz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Features and documentation
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 18:14:19
1 Rémi Cardona wrote:
2 > Alec Warner wrote:
3 >> On 11/27/07, Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> How the recent changes happened to allow USE flag descriptions in
5 >>> metadata.xml (which I'm not taking any position on now) gave me an idea.
6 >>> The Linux kernel requires that any needed documentation accompany all
7 >>> changes requiring said documentation -- part of the source-code patch
8 >>> must apply to the Documentation/ directory. Should we require that
9 >>> before you commit any changes, you (or someone) write the documentation
10 >>> for them and commit it or submit a patch at the same time?
11 >>>
12 >>> To sum up: No undocumented changes.
13 >> No, because this is not a realistic requirement, it's an ideal case.
14 >> People will just commit changes without documentation anyway.
15 >
16 > What if Donnie had used s/changes/new features/ ? Then his proposal
17 > makes much more sense.
18
19 I agree that new features makes more sense here. USE flag description in
20 metadata.xml is just an example of new feature, IMO.
21
22 My 2 HK$, ;)
25 Zhang Le, Robert
26 GPG key ID: 1E4E2973
27 Fingerprint: 0260 C902 B8F8 6506 6586 2B90 BC51 C808 1E4E 2973
28 --
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list