From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] pcmcia boot disk
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:01:45
1 Chris Arndt wrote:
2 >
3 > i can boot from both the rescue and the the rescue-net disks, but can't boot
4 > from the resuce-pcmcia disk. I kept getting an error saying that the root
5 > filesystem couldn't be mounted.
6
7 So you should dd your working disk to a file, rename that file to
8 whatever.gz, gunzip that puppy, mount it loopback to wherever and copy
9 the required modules from the rescue-pcmcia disk to that loopback
10 partition.
11 Then unmout the loopback device, gzip -9 the file and dd it to a disk
12 again. If this does not work, I guess your floppy is broken.
13
14 bye achim~
17 > later,
18 > chris