From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EID database and entries getting to baselayout
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:03:11
1 On Thursday 29 January 2004 16:53, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I have another question about this subject.
5 >
6 > Shouldn't system users all have uids below 1000?
7 >
8 > I've seen this in other distros, but I have noticed in my system that a
9 > couple of system users have uids that are above 1000.
10
11 The border is actually configurable and only meaningfull to people anyway.
12 However system accounts should have uid's below 1000 indeed.
13
14 Paul
17 Paul de Vrieze
18 Gentoo Developer