From: Matti Bickel <mabi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [FYI] php-lib-r1.eclass going to die
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 22:13:32
1 Hi folks,
2
3 I thought I'd throw this out, so nobody is suprised when I start to put
4 qawarns in the eclass: I don't think php-lib-r1.eclass has any value now
5 that we have EAPI4. The only thing it basically does is
6
7 a) setting RDEPEND="dev-lang/php"
8 and
9 b) provide a php_lib_r1_src_install that accepts as its parameters the
10 destination directory and the files to add. It then stores them
11 /usr/share/php/${PN}/$1.
12
13 Everything the eclass does can be done more cleanly and explictly inside
14 the ebuild. So if you planned to inherit php-lib-r1, please don't. Just
15 add the RDEPEND and use
16
17 src_install() {
18 insinto "/usr/share/php/${PN}"
19 doins -r <your src>/* (or wherever you stored your files)
20
21 dodoc README
22 }
23
24 as an example. I've also converted most of the ebuilds in our tree to do
25 this.
26
27 If your ebuild relied on php-lib-r1 to provide depend.php - shame on you
28 :p - depend.php will share the fate of php-lib-r1. But that's another mail.
29
30 Cheers, Matti