From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: USE=qa-test
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 17:30:57
1 В Срд, 14/10/2009 в 22:12 -0600, Ryan Hill пишет:
2 > On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 13:11:14 +0200
3 > Peter Hjalmarsson <xake@×××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Sorry for reviving an old thread, but was there any progress on this
6 > > topic?
7
8 > A week isn't old. ;) I'll add it once the flu and homework let up for a
9 > minute.
10
11 Why don't you like Jeroen's suggestion? It looks more much more sane.
12 Currently dbus ebuild allows installation of package upstream never
13 intended to be installed on end-user stations and this is bug in ebuild
14 that should be fixed. And I don't think it's good idea to workaround
15 this bug with yet another USE flag which, when enabled, will still allow
16 users to install broken package on the system. Not speaking that this
17 USE flag could be easily overused.
18
19 Twice build (one for installation and one for testsuite run) is really
20 not hard since dbus allows out of sources build (/me just checked this).
23 Peter.