From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is there any way I can help with pull requests?
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 20:15:52
1 On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 3:14 PM Ralph Seichter <gentoo@××××××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > I followed the PHP team's recommendation, as can be seen from the PR
4 > conversation and from the underlying Bugzilla report. While I respect
5 > Michał Górny's opinion, I understand that he does not have a deciding
6 > vote in this case.
7
8 He said as much himself in his comment - he wasn't acting on behalf of
9 QA or anything like that.
10
11 My guess is that both of these requests are probably just waiting for
12 a maintainer/etc to do something, which is probably a typical
13 situation. I'm not sure which projects typically let
14 proxy-maintainers directly commit vs wanting to do it themselves. I
15 don't think mgorny's feedback is going to hold anything up except to
16 the degree that others on the appropriate team happen to agree, but if
17 that were the case I'd expect them to just change the commit
18 accordingly.
21 Rich