From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PHP_TARGETS vs PYTHON_TARGETS different grammar, why?
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 14:14:04
1 On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 3:38 AM, Ole Markus With
2 <olemarkus@×××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > I don't really care what the separator is. The reason I chose dash for
4 > separation major/minor version was simply to distinguish between the
5 > value and variable part of USE_EXPAND. Just seemed natural at the time.
8 I think a hyphen/dash would have been a better choice for python as
9 well, but it's a bit late to change that now. If someone has a way to
10 do it without causing a lot of work and breaking people's systems, I
11 would love to hear it.