From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: udev <-> mdev
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 17:54:32
1 Ian Stakenvicius posted on Mon, 16 Jul 2012 09:53:20 -0400 as excerpted:
2
3 > ...if going this route, why not simply not bother to pivot_root out of
4 > the initramfs at all? or pivot_root but only into a directory structure
5 > still sitting in the initramfs? As long as all non-root bits are in
6 > separate storage, you can mount 'em all in the appropriate place...
7
8 I'm not sure whether that was asked of me or Maxim K, but that was
9 beginning to be my conclusion as well. See the earlier comment about not
10 even using an initr* at all, "tho this would be close".
15 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman