From: Vitalyl Kushneriuk <kushneriuk@××××××.name>
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GnomeUI-WARNING
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 21:14:07
1 There's a pam module that can transfer your xauth info to the root
2 account during the "su" command. On RedHat or Mandrake, this actualy
3 works out of the box. I tried to configure it on my gentoo a while
4 ago, but gentoo pam support was in a processs of maajor updates then,
5 so I coudn't make it work, so I just added "xhost local:root" to my
6 user's X start scripts, and "export DISPLAY=:0" to my root's .bashrc
7 [ I use only one display on my lalaptop]
8