From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Commit signing for metadata/* repos
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2017 14:53:55
1 On 08/01/17 08:24, Luis Ressel wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > there are some additional git repositories which need to be added to
5 > metadata/ subdirectories to make the 'gentoo' git repository usable
6 > for /usr/portage. Specifically, those are dtd, glsa, news and
7 > xml-schema.
8 >
9 > It'd be great if developers could sign their commits in these repos,
10 > too. (I don't really care about dtd and xml-schema, but for the other
11 > two, I think this would make much sense.)
12 >
13 > Currently, it looks like commits to xml-schema aren't signed at all,
14 > all commits to glsa are signed, and commits to the other two repos are
15 > partly signed.
16
17 I agree, and think we should enforce this with a server-side hook the
18 same way we do for gentoo.git.
19
20 It could also be interesting to see the bot commits in
21 repo/sync/gentoo.git signed.