From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New QA Policy Guide
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 17:51:05
1 On 2020-01-19 12:46, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Sun, 19 Jan 2020, Michał Górny wrote:
3 >
4 >> The sources are stored in proj/policy-guide.git [3]. If you wish to
5 >> submit your own changes, you can either use the 'Policy Guide' bugzilla
6 >> component [4] and/or GitHub mirror [5].
7 >
8 > Please, no github for official policies. We should have a permanent
9 > paper trail for this kind of things, which isn't guaranteed if the
10 > discussion would happen entirely on github.
11 >
12 > Besides, by the Social Contract we cannot rely on a non-free service
13 > for anything official.
14
15 I would second that but this would also apply to devmanual.
16
17 And at some point it will also affect contribution to Gentoo repository
18 at Github itself: Sure, eclass changes require ML review but sometimes
19 comments contain valuable information especially for the future when
20 someone wants to understand why an ebuild was changed that way.
21
22 That's why Debian created https://salsa.debian.org/, Fedora has
23 https://src.fedoraproject.org/ ...
27 Regards,
28 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
29 C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5