From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] OpenRc-0.12 is coming soon
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 22:20:33
1 William Hubbs posted on Sat, 03 Aug 2013 11:57:20 -0500 as excerpted:
2
3 > On Sat, Aug 03, 2013 at 04:44:52PM +0000, Duncan wrote:
4 >> Running the ~arch release version, OTOH, doesn't appear to
5 >> significantly reduce the incidence of bugs compared to live-git, but
6 >> there's a much bigger pile of changes in a release, and far less
7 >> information about what they actually are, so I'm bug-tracing pretty
8 >> much blind and that's no fun at all!
9 >
10 > Actually I would say that running 9999 is more seceptible to breakage
11 > than ~arch. We try to fix things in git before we do a ~arch release.
12
13 For most folks, probably. But I seem to have a few unusual things like
14 strange fstab entries that have triggered occasional bugs, etc. Those
15 sorts of things apparently don't get tested by others, at least not
16 before release to the wide world of ~arch, so they'd be there whether I
17 waited for ~arch or not. And as I said I deal with less updates at once
18 and get finer detail on the changelogs doing the git things, including
19 individual commit diffs if the whatchanged looks interesting enough to
20 check them or if I do end up with a problem.
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman