From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in dev-python/traits: traits-3.4.0.ebuild
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 20:53:55
On Thursday, June 10, 2010 16:45:29 Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
> 2010-06-10 22:20:44 Nirbheek Chauhan napisał(a): > > On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 1:30 AM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar wrote: > > > 2010-06-10 21:27:40 Jeremy Olexa napisał(a): > > >> I see no reason to *not* add a ChangeLog entry here. > > > > > > ChangeLog entries are not required for trivial changes. > > > > A "trivial" change is fixing a typo, or a manifest problem, a missing > > quotation mark, etc. Anything else is not "trivial". > > > > Anything that changes how an ebuild functions, what it does, or the > > installed files (and/or their contents) is NOT a trivial change. > > This commit only removed some compiler warnings.
mucking with CFLAGS without documentation is wrong. compiler warnings come and go, so a flag that was relevant one day could be completely extraneous the next. however, especially with strict aliasing, you arent "just fixing warnings", you're changing optimization behavior of gcc to workaround broken C code. this obviously does not fall anywhere near the "trivial" mark. i see you still havent fixed this, so get on it already. a bug needs to be opened somewhere to get the package properly *fixed*, and your change either out right reverted or add a comment around the flag to indicate the open bug on the issue. append-flags ... #12345 -mike

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in dev-python/traits: traits-3.4.0.ebuild Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@g.o>