From: Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] One request for the next SoC: non already-devs students
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 18:48:43
it's not just what you "sincerely think"! I most certainly think, you have a valid point. from http://code.google.com/soc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_goals: Google Summer of Code has several goals: - Get more open source code created and released for the benefit of all; - Inspire young developers to begin participating in open source development; - Help open source projects identify and bring in new developers and committers; - Provide students in Computer Science and related fields the opportunity to do work related to their academic pursuits during the summer (think "flip bits, not burgers"); - Give students more exposure to real-world software development scenarios (e.g., distributed development, software licensing questions, mailing-list etiquette). -- kind regards Thilo